Stable House is the 14–16-year-old (Year 10 and 11) girls’ boarding and day house. A caring and committed team of tutors and housekeepers provide a friendly and supportive atmosphere that encourages the girls to make the most of every opportunity on offer at the College as they seek to harness their potential in academic and extra-curricular endeavours.
The boarding house is divided into three floors. The first and second floor are for boarders: they each have their own bedroom and access to a kitchen, laundry room and bathroom.
The ground floor layout consists of:
- The common room: complete with widescreen TV, sound system, ping pong table and games console.
- A cinema lounge: great for film nights and it also has a piano for music practice or a sing-along.
- Gym: this is in addition to the College’s Performance and Conditioning Gym.
- Day kitchen: predominantly used by the day girls for making tea or toast at break or lunch.
- Changing rooms: one for Year 10 and one for Year 11 girls.
- Day study rooms with book lockers: one for Year 10 and one for Year 11 girls.
- A Library and craft room where students can sign out books and board games or get creative!
Alongside the College’s Saturday morning activity programme, a wide variety of Sunday excursions are offered over the course of the year, ranging from paintballing and go karting to shopping and cinema trips. We also encourage the girls to make the most of their time together at the weekends through games or challenges in the evenings and house walks in the afternoons around the extensive College grounds and beautiful local area.
Mr George Toms and Mrs Jessamy Toms
Miss Aimee Ratapana